Exhausted… tired, drained, running from pillar to post to satisfy expectations set sky high?
Envious…looking at the fancy facebook lives, exotic vacation posts, promotion news, awards and other’s “blessings” and “luck”
Empty…drained , depleted of positive thoughts , just wanting to sleep yet with a mind that refuses to wind down enough
Is this how you have felt recently? You are not alone.
Under the pressures of a world that has always lauded material success but has not concentrated on the inner strength that empowers true success, you find young children buckling under academic stress, students as young as grade 5 set to prepare themselves for the next 7 years their life to get into IIT, professionals drowning themselves in work to get that elusive break, mothers SAHM or working ..trying to burn the candle not just at both ends but in the middle too!!
To top it, you are constantly chided on social media all around, making you realise how much more you could be doing – Fitness goals, superchef goals, entrepreneur goals…There just doesn’t seem to be enough time, and you can barely catch up.. (even with four planner apps and email reminders and alarms!)
Yet we are in love with our crazy lives. We proudly proclaim “ I have to be in two places at once”.. “I didn’t get two hours of sleep last night” .. We push ourselves even harder trying to catch hold of that elusive happiness we seek..
Here are five thoughts to empower and energize you … to be happy NOW from my favourite Eckhart Tolle
- To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence.
- Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, (which is never not now.)
- All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past.
- Your life situation is never perfect; it is filled with externals circumstances that are meant to challenge you. If you depend on your life situation to make you happy, you will live in a state of unhappiness and discontentment.
- Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace? Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not
Thus very simply, the present moment can only be as it is. Envious thoughts and endless mental strife trying to change it only frustrates and exhausts you leaving you empty. Complete Acceptance of the Now relieves you of this needless extra suffering. As your focus on the NOW, your personal command over the situation improves, and although the task is difficult, action feels effortless and you are left feeling positive and energized!